Monday, April 29, 2013

Beach Countdown

And so it begins...25 days until I hit the beach, yikes! Time to hit the gym at least 5 days/week and NO CHEATS! Today I did good, day 1 is always the hardest. Here's a breakdown of my meals and snacks as well as my gym workout. Enjoy!

Breakfast
Egg white omelet with spinach and 1oz fat free cheddar
1 slice Ezekial bread with spray butter
small apple

Workout - Arms/Cardio
30 pushups

Superset 3 x 8
Bent over barbell row
Seated cable row

Regular sets 3 x 10
Lateral pull down
Bent over dumbbell row
Tricep cable pull down
Back extensions

Step mill 1:1 speed intervals - 20 minutes

Mid-morning snack
4 homemade protein bars
Small banana

Lunch
1/2 cup brown rice
Honey Chipotle Ground Chicken
Zucchini

Dinner
Oxygen Mag Shake
Roasted Broccoli

I think the day ended up being around 1,100 calories which is a low day but I am trying to drop lb's fast for the beach so this is okay. Normally I eat around 1,500/ day.

Some quick tips if you have a beach trip coming up:
+ No carbs after lunch
+ Limit fruit to 2 servings/day
+ Eat your veggies!
+ Have protein at every meal
+ Drink your weight in water. For example: 164 lbs = 64 oz water. Minimum of 64 oz per day. The more you drink the better. I try and get as close to 1 gallon per day as I can. Yes I said 1 GALLON! It's hard but really makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment