Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Beginning


And so it begins...Day 1 of Eating Clean!

It's time for a BIG change. And not just some fad diet, I'm talking about a lifestyle change.

Last January, I started the Ideal Protein diet. It was really hard but it did work. I lost 30 lbs in
about 4 months. However, I was thinner but still not where I wanted to be. The diet is too
restricting to stay on for a long period of time so I tried following the maintenance program
and working out. It worked for a while but once football season came around all bets were off.
There wasn't much dieting and I gained about 8-10lbs back. This January I tried IP again but
couldn't stick with it. I wanted to get fit and it's very difficult to workout while on IP. Your body
just doesn't have enough fuel to sustain you through a workout. Time to find plan B...

I did some research and found a blog called He and She Eat Clean. I read their stories and
saw the results. I knew this is what I wanted to do. What I love most about their blog is they
list all the recipes, shopping lists, and workouts for a clean lifestyle. If you want to check it
out go to HeandSheEatClean.com and follow Whitney Carlson on Facebook. 

Day 1 Meals and Workout

Meal 1 (7am)
(1) Lundberg Brown Rice Cake

Workout (7:30 am) - Jilian Michael's 30 Day Shred, Level 2
**This is the perfect workout for days I can't, or don't feel like, driving to the gym.
I work across the street from Bally's but I love a good 30 minutes away.

Meal 2 (8:30 am) - Post Workout
Anna Banana's Protein Pancakes - recipe here

Meal 3 (11:30 am)
(2) Protein Blueberry Muffins
1 C Carrots 

Meal 4 (2:30)
(2) Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
Sweet Potato Cubes 4 oz.
Veggies

Meal 5 (5:30)
Salsa Chicken
Veggies
Black Beans

Meal 6 (8:30)
Oxygen Magazine's Protein Shake

*All these recipes can be found on the He and She Eat Clean Website.
I will start to experiment with food and try to post my own recipes very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment